As I have in past years, I am listing all of the books I read in the past year, including books I re-read and books I "read" by listening to audiobooks.
Some things I noticed: I read (or-reread) five books by Robert Anton Wilson; much of my reading is "homework" in one way or another (books by local authors, or science fiction books I read in connection with the Hugo Award or Prometheus Award); I often read books because of interests that have little to do with this blog (e.g. aviation history, the later Roman Empire, Russian classical music.)
Although I didn't put it in my "top five" blog post, Pigspurt's Daughter by Daisy Eris Campbell is very good, and I suspect just about everyone who reads this blog would like it. So that's another Hilaritas Press book I bought and read!
1. Radicalized, Cory Doctorow.
2. Monster Hunted Guardian, Larry Correia and Sarah Hoyt.
3. A Memory Called Empire, Arkady Martine.
4. The Widow's Son, Robert Anton Wilson.
5. Churchill, Hitler and "The Unnecessary War," Patrick J. Buchanan.
6. Moon Rising, Ian McDonald.
7. The Testaments, Margaret Atwood.
8. Ode to Defiance, Marc Stiegler.
9. The Good Luck Girls, Charlotte Nicole Davis.
10. Empire of Lies, Raymond Khoury.
11. They Will Drown in Their Mothers' Tears, Johannes Anyuru.
12. Jaguar in the Kitchen: My Life with Jungle Larry, Nancy Tetzlaff.
13. Atlas Alone, Emma Newman.
14. Ruin's Wake, Patrick Edwards.
15. Pigspurt's Daughter, Daisy Eris Campbell.
16. The Roman Empire in Late Antiquity, Hugh Elton.
17. Ishtar Rising, Robert Anton Wilson.
18. The Two Towers, J.R.R. Tolkien.
19. Nonlocal Nature: The Eight Circuits of Consciousness. James Heffernan.
20. Fandom Harvest, Terry Carr.
21. Howard Hughes' Airline: An Informal History of TWA, Robert Serling.
22. The Ten Thousand Doors of January, Alix E. Harrow.
23. The City in the Middle of the Night, Charlie Jane Anders.
24. The Light Brigade, Kameron Hurley.
25. Middlegame, Seanan McGuire.
26. The New Inquisition, Robert Anton Wilson.
27. Loserthink, Scott Adams.
28. Assateague Dark, Bob Adamov.
29. Gideon the Ninth,Tamsyn Muir.
30. Becoming Superman: My Journey from Poverty to Hollywood, J. Michael Straczynski.
31. The Lady from the Black Lagoon, Mallory O'Meara.
32. Joanna Russ, Gwyneth Jones.
33. The Pleasant Profession of Robert A. Heinlein, Farah Mendelsohn.
34. The Deep, Rivers Solomon.
35. The Haunting of Tram Car 015, P. Djeli Clark.
36. This Is How You Lose the Time War, Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone.
37. In an Absent Dream, Seanan McGuire.
38. Nature's God, Robert Anton Wilson.
39. The Keep, F. Paul Wilson.
40. Remain in Love, Chris Frantz.
41. The World of Late Antiquity, AD 150-750, Peter Brown.
42. The Second Star, Alma Alexander.
43. Network Effect, Martha Wells.
44. How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big, Scott Adams.
45. Last Orders and Other Stories, Brian Aldiss.
46. Is My Child Next? The Alexa Brown Story, Jonathan Walsh.
47. Piranesi, Susanna Clarke.
48. The End of Eternity, Isaac Asimov.
49. Watership Down, Richard Adams.
50. Attack Surface, Cory Doctorow.
51. Shostakovich: A Life, Fay Laurel.
52. The Starseed Signals, Robert Anton Wilson.
53. Mingo Town & Memories, Larry Smith.
54. A Time of Changes, Robert Silverberg.
55. Steel Rails and Silver Wings: The Lindberg Line to the Birth of TWA, Robert Serling.
56. Stilicho: The Vandal Who Saved Rome, Ian Hughes.
57. Assassin, Douglas R. Casey and John F. Hunt.
58. Plowing the Dark, Richard Powers.
Post a Comment